Thursday, November 14, 2013

Predictability



Yesterday was Vulnerability and today is Predictability (or Unpredictability actually).

Super early this morning the fire alarm goes off in our building of hotel. Like the dogs were not enough drama for me! So we race out of bed as nothing scarier than a hotel fire right? I decide I have one minute to take what is essential so I start barking out orders to Hubby and running around myself:


Take Passports!!!! (Not so much bc I want to get home but because I want to travel again!!)

Take Money!!! (Money always comes in handy right? Especially if I want to come back here)

Where is my agenda!!!! (Aka known as my life!)

Both phones!!!! (Never know when you might get a text about your kid’s report cards!)

Computer and charger!!! (All I keep thinking is that the book I am writing is on there-8 chapters and a year later that makes a big difference!!!!)

 

Then I grabbed a robe and threw it over my see- through tank lace top and tiny sleeping boxers. No bra. No shoes…no clothes..no sunglasses… no bathingsuit or underwear. No books!!



Hubby had other priorities:

Go and get coffee from machine?????????? Bring coffee down to poolside???

Get floating mat and magazines and while we are down there get our chairs set up for day????????


OMG!!!!!!!!!!


But I can’t talk. I was so tired I just lay down on a pool chair and pretty much fell asleep. I didn’t even bother to ask about the fire. Then I realized my wedding rings were upstairs and I still decided to sleep! What the hell is wrong with me??????????????

And there is Hubby with his café and floater mat just walking around the resort.

Someone apparently overcooked something in there room and lots of smoke but no fire. Nice way to relax on vacation eh getting woken up by a huge siren before the birds are up?


Was so funny because all the woman coming out of room were saying “I only had a minute to brush my hair and teeth-it was horrendous!” You care more about your hair than your agenda and lists? Are you crazy?

Another guy went back up to get his snorkelling equipment and said he didn’t care about his passports? Guess he wants to live here.

Just shows we all have different priorities in life eh? Makes the world go round this diversity it does. There is something for everyone and someone to love every odd bird.

All I know is that between Hubby relaxation mode and my organization and lists-we got it covered baby.  Hahahah. And clearly we both rely upon our “natural beauty” (or lack of it!) in these urgent situations. We both don’t give a flying…F…what we look at this time of day (or any time of day on vacation that is!) Last night we went out to dinner and timed ourselves and took 3.5 minutes to get ready for a fancy resto!

Our priority will always be pleasure. Hedonists I guess.
Let me tell you we know how to do vacation. Really really well.