People make fun of me all the time of how organized I am. Usually in a good way as many people around me benefit from my organizational skills and planning talent.
What I say and plan usually makes perfect sense.
I asked my husband 3 things on this vacation that were important to me . The third was-write a blog at all the times you are at airports while on trip so that you capture the pics and feelings and thoughts while it is still alive. I reminded him by text plenty and told him that if he waited until he came home it would never happen. This I knew for sure. He totally agreed with me and thought was equally important
He wrote me from the last airport and said would do it on the plane..then wrote me on the plane and said he would do it that night before bed..then said the next morning..then while I was away in Chicago..then when I got back.
We are the next weekend
now and still no blog. Never will be in my humble yet usually accurate opinion. This is a sad sad loss of memories and adventure
And that is precisely why I am organized
and deliberate.
Such an important experience should be
captured. In writing. Videotaped. In a journal, on a scrap piece of paper.
Somehow. In whatever way-but somehow?
This trip was so much to him
So deep and fun and freeing
For me it was deep and complex and alienating
and connecting in so many different ways. There were so many feelings and
emotions attached to this trip for both of us-in different ways.
And especially when he came back. I am not
sure I will ever forget those first few hours and then the next few days.
I think it shifted us both
I wish he had listened to the three things I told him-especially the writing the blog one. It would have meant so much to have this
Here are a few pics that I had on my phone
(And I bet if he reads this blog we will see his own in a few days as these pics are so random and not indicative of the trip or experience at all!!!! LOL)