I am not sure I have ever seen this this type of overwhelming love in my life.
Makes me think that having the type of career I have always had…I have missed out on many moments in my kids’s lives.
I got to have some good ones though today that probably will fill me for a long while.
Bear finally came home last night from the hospital and today wanted to go get his homework in person at school and see his classmates for 5 minutes.
We made the arrangements.
We went. Both classes were together so about 55 kids doing an outside activity in the courtyards.
Nothing could have prepared him or me for that moment.
You almost think so much love could not be possible.
They saw him-all 55 of them …and they cheered and they cheered and cheered.
They started coming towards him, closer and closer and it was like a bees towards honey. They could not keep themselves away.
It almost looked like it was a stampede, the force was so strong.
Like magnets.
Then they teacher yelled “Be careful around him-he just had surgery!!!”
And so they all 55 delicately surrounded him. I have never seen anything like it.
I began to understand the virtual world of Generation Y because they gave him virtual hugs and kisses without touching him.
They communicated love, adoration, empathy, compassion friendship almost with out speaking.
He stood in the middle of this circle for the longest time and they all just looked at him.
And adored him.
And loved him so fully.
They were way stronger than any morphine or antibiotic could ever be.
And he just stood there taking it all in, tears rolling out of the corners of his eyes and not speaking. He was smiling, smiling, smiling.
They did a little dance for him-all of them.
A dance that apparently my Bear had made up at some point this year and taught them all.
A dance that apparently my Bear had made up at some point this year and taught them all.
They danced around him with tremendous energy.
They each promised to give him 10 candies from their Halloween bags to make a whopping 540 candies total. And they promised not to give him the crappy stuff.
On his way out they presented him with a HUGE card signed by all the 6th graders that said “You have to come back..Because without you the class is Silent” That’s definitely my boy!!!!!!!!
And then he left-and they cheered again loudly and clapped as he walked back into the building.
And then he left-and they cheered again loudly and clapped as he walked back into the building.
We met his gym teacher on the way out and she gathered him in her arms for what seemed liked minutes and they both burst into tears. She loves him so completely and he loves her. Her heart was broken for him that he missed his big sports auditon for Sport Etudes in highschool.
We walked out of this building my Bear and I. I was very full of admiration, shock and thankfulness. He was filled to the very brim with love. It comletely filled every inch of him.
What kept going through my head over and over and over was “You get back from life what you give to others”
This child, my middle child, who in many ways has been left to his own devices in our family with a very powerful older brother and an adorable little sister….is a true leader I realized in that moment. People around me have always told me..in that moment I believed them.
He, has given…alot.
Today I took full note.
My goodness my darling.