Often people ask me if there are downfalls to over- planning since this is what I have done for most of my adult life.
Here's one for you:
Plan to have all 3 babies exactly 18 mnths to 2 yrs apart born between Dec-Feb since that is the only time of year your husband could leave his work, still pay your mortgage and take a 1.5 weeks off with each (without messing up our vacation time or boating season that is).
Get pregnant on your first try with each of them and have them born all within 4 weeks of Christmas and evenly spaced apart just as you had precisley planned but actually never expected would actually work.
Yes..yes.. your husband gets to stay home a week with each-minus the first where he shoveled all day on the roofs of every house we moved to in the historical Quebec ice storm.
However-no one ever warns you about hormones so you never plan for that part.
No one ever told you your eldest would be diagnosed officially with delayed puberty by exactly 2 yrs, your youngest in advance of pre- puberty signs by one year of most girls and your middle one dead set on track with all of his peers.
What does this equal?
You got it!
A house full of raging hormones most days of the week (more like raging animals really).
Three tweens, preteens and teens at the EXACT same stage of development ironically. Did I plan for this? Did I covet this? Really?
I get asked at least once a week if I have triplets.
And how I am surviving.
So yes planning has tons of benefits-but also has some downfalls too when you don't take into account some of the unplanned circumstances of such wise strategic thinking long term.
I figure 10-12 yrs more of this chaos and then I will have the three of them fighting widly over who gets to have us over for Sunday dinners and push our wheelchairs in the malls in the near future:)
Here's one for you:
Plan to have all 3 babies exactly 18 mnths to 2 yrs apart born between Dec-Feb since that is the only time of year your husband could leave his work, still pay your mortgage and take a 1.5 weeks off with each (without messing up our vacation time or boating season that is).
Get pregnant on your first try with each of them and have them born all within 4 weeks of Christmas and evenly spaced apart just as you had precisley planned but actually never expected would actually work.
Yes..yes.. your husband gets to stay home a week with each-minus the first where he shoveled all day on the roofs of every house we moved to in the historical Quebec ice storm.
However-no one ever warns you about hormones so you never plan for that part.
No one ever told you your eldest would be diagnosed officially with delayed puberty by exactly 2 yrs, your youngest in advance of pre- puberty signs by one year of most girls and your middle one dead set on track with all of his peers.
What does this equal?
You got it!
A house full of raging hormones most days of the week (more like raging animals really).
Three tweens, preteens and teens at the EXACT same stage of development ironically. Did I plan for this? Did I covet this? Really?
I get asked at least once a week if I have triplets.
And how I am surviving.
So yes planning has tons of benefits-but also has some downfalls too when you don't take into account some of the unplanned circumstances of such wise strategic thinking long term.
I figure 10-12 yrs more of this chaos and then I will have the three of them fighting widly over who gets to have us over for Sunday dinners and push our wheelchairs in the malls in the near future:)



