Monday, April 16, 2012

The Problem with Blogging

I often have said that I don’t want to depress anyone by my blog……but on the other hand there are times when I don’t want to depress myself by writing stuff down either.

When there is stuff you are going through that is very personal sometimes it’s hard to find that balance between being honest and upfront and protecting your privacy and the others around you.
It’s sometimes ok to let your own laundry hang out but what about your partner’s dirty laundry or the things that happen at your work? They never asked to be blogged about did they?

So today it really occurred to me why so often I open blogs to find sunshine and lollipops and roses-because very often that is all someone is willing to share of their lives.
The storms, the thunder, and the lightning are kept neatly tucked away and only peek their heads through when they have likely been solved and dealt with.
When the person actually has a handle and a perspective on their personal disaster.

The real, real things get caught deep inside of you somehow.


So all that to say, although today I am tempted to post about my great trip to Indiana with my daughter, and the next best parenting tip that will change your life and your home, and post wonderful pictures of my kids smiling in all of their spendor; today it will have to suffice to say….

Another day….