How often do we hear when we are little “Don’t be Naughty!”
How often do we hear ourselves say it to our kids as parents?
But being naughty…can certainly be a whole lot of fun too. No wonder kids like to be naughty!!!
There is something interesting in doing something that you just know is not the best decision, but is somehow exciting and appealing anyway. It’s the very fact that you should not be doing it that makes it seem so appealing.
Sometimes being naughty happens when you feel a whole bunch of stress. It’s almost like at a certain point you kind of break and just think:
“Whatever”.
And whatever really means: I don’t have the time or space in my brain to really care about the consequences, I am just going to do what feels good at this moment. And hope for the best.
I have a feeling many people go around life being what I consider naughty.
As for me? It’s rare-but oooooooh how fun when I do.
Now let’s be clear so that there are no questions on this post ok?? No clandestine affairs, no bad behavior, no bad gossip, nothing done that could harm anybody.
More just in the realm of doing a simple silly thing or two because I simply feel like it. Caring less. Thinking less. Joining the human race for a few moments.
Sort of like when you are little and making a prank call to the boy you like and singing a song and hanging up. That kind of thing. Harmless. Fun. Exhilarating.
So don’t get all excited.
Funny though that no matter how little naughty you are or how BIG naughty-there are always consequences right? Naughtiness catches up with you whether you like it or not. So do lies and that’s why I try never to tell them.
It’s like we tell our children so often: Whatever you do or say you better be willing to face the consequence-so keep that in mind as you “have fun” being naughty.
What I like about being an adult with kids a bit more grown up now is that there is space for me as the Mom to digress a little bit now and then myself. Put myself on the time out chair…..let a swear word slip out of my mouth and make the kids laugh here and there….have a food fight in the kitchen. One day perhaps even help my daughter choose what song she will sing on the phone to which boy?
It’s funny that I still hold- that this part of me…is the best me.
Naughty more often I shall be (don’t tell my kids)