Friday, April 20, 2012

On the Right Track

While I listened to a famous motivational speaker on TV this week I loved his answer to the following question:

“I am a spontaneous person and don’t really agree with over planning and strategizing long term in life. I try to live moment for moment. Is there a need to plan so much when it comes to things like health, family, raising children and marriage?”

His answer: (something along these lines)

If your life is very fulfilling and happy as it is and you are pleased with the direction it has taken..stick with it.You are one of the lucky ones that living in the moment works for longer term.

If you are not very satisfied with one or more areas of your life…very likely you need to plan considerably more. The  very purpose of planning for most people is to ensure happiness long term.
Happiness does not just happen to lucky people..it happens to the people who plan for it.

Would it occur to you to practice your profession without proper training or education? The same goes for your life.
Get used to the fact that life is hard work if you want to be really good at it.


(it turns out it is another one of those "inconvenient truths" I have talked about before -just like recycling).