I have never been very good at change. Neither is my Protector.
Takes us a year minimum to adapt to change. We are very quick with most things-change is not one of them.
This week holds a lot for us. Stuff is happening and thank goodness we have had some good time to prepare for it. Still it is a big time in our lives.
We said goodbye to our boat “Trent Obsessions” We sold her.
Not at all like saying goodbye to “Five at Sea”. That would have been for me like most people feel like when their pet dies. We will change her propeller and motor and put a wake tower on her and get her on this lake. I can’t wait to show that boat Trent.
This week we will officially say goodbye to our old cottage . I will say goodbye to 17 yrs of happiness in it and my Hubby will say goodbye to generations of his lifetime. We sign it over to his sister on Thursday at the Notary. I am happy to report that we actually feel ready in most ways. Shocking but true. Best decision we made ever was to keep that cottage for an extra yr to feel secure in letting go now. We are sad but ready.
We get to go gather up a whole bunch of sentimental furniture end of April and heirlooms from his parents generations. Our new cottage will finally welcome some of our most cherished memories. Couches, clocks, boite a bois……..it’s been a long journey and I can’t believe we are here now.
I would say that we almost went through a divorce on many levels with our cottage-that’s what it felt like anyways. I think my husband would say harder than divorce for him personally. That cottage was so much more than 4 walls...it had our hearts wrapped up in it. Our relationships, our dreams, our lives, our memories.
And to top it all off this week I went blond. Less blond than I intended but still enough to make everyone at work-even guys who are usually clueless-notice. In 6 weeks will go even blonder.
And here I am alone up at Trent blogging and working on all my works stuff that I need peace and quiet to concentrate on. It’s a big week at work and wanted to have the space here to myself to focus. So stayed up here last night and today to do my work in peace and take some clients on the phone later afternoon from here. It’s like an oasis for me and that is new too. I got so much done today with a beautiful view of the mountains and a good walk as a break up the hills on the country roads.
A year ago I could barely find my way to the depanneur and now I can find my way back home.
And a couple of new friends lately too-people I never really dreamed of knowing so well. Feels like the kind of thing like “how could we have not been friends before?” Finding new relationships in adulthood is a gift –it feels really good. It’s something I have been searching for and wanting more of.I feel very clear on what I need these days and am seeking it out.
I am changing. My kids are changing. My marriage is changing. My friendships are changing. It feels like a definite Phase 2 of our lives has begun.
Part of me is ready. Part of me is scared.
I guess in about a year or so I will look back and fondly say “it’s all good”.
For now? Let’s wait and see. Denial. Resitance. Exporation. Commitment.