Except when I was really little, I stopped caring much about April 1st..until a few years after I had kids that is.
I think I am now going to war with my French family when it comes to April fool’s Day. Sorry guys I like the English way better!
Years and years in our household of little cut out fish being stuck on my back, in my lunchbox, and posted on my workbag have become fairly predictable at this point. It’s amazing how our household just seems to go crazy over this. I just had to cut out 5 fish and write little messages on them, pretend to hug my daughter and stick them on her back..and my son was sad that I didnt’t do it to him-and he’s 14 yrs old!
Next time Chase I will be sure to write you the same “You are a pretty little loser”
Sorry about that Buddy.
I even feel guilty that Bear is at a friend’s this weekend and is missing out on this “fun”. These people have gotten to me!
So today I revolted against them and did some of my own English April 1st fun. With technology makes it even easier!
Two brothers thought I was with child, 1 friend that I won a trip away on the radio, a boss who also thought I won a trip to Australia and was pretty much leaving tomorrow , a Mom who thought I was pregnant with another man’s child, and a whole lot of other stuff.
Why is the pregnancy theme so popular? Trust me people, would not be tears of joy so stop offering your heartfelt congratulations!.
My Hubby decided to play a rotten joke on me (not a fish thank god) before I even realized it was April fool’s Day. Sent a fake email saying our Italy cruise with Bear was cancelled. I was so sad.
All that to say…fish and all, I take this day any day over Halloween and for some reason it all makes me laugh. I like being silly.
It’s funny how I need an excuse like April 1st to let this part of me shine. I
might highly consider the fish thing for other days of the year. It is just plain old funny somehow.
might highly consider the fish thing for other days of the year. It is just plain old funny somehow.
Was good that if fell on a Sunday this year and get to share it with my family. Usually I am at work all day and somehow all the fishes that make it onto my colleague’s backs..don’t always go over so well! (although one year I had a boss that was super serious and strict and I did this to her and she thought it was HILARIOUS). I think I changed her that day-she never quite recovered and always had a secret little smile when she looked at me thereafterJ