Friday, March 22, 2013

Benevolence


I just love the sound of this word. It is so pretty.

The meaning is pretty cool too.
I rolled it around on my tongue yesterday at lunch. While I was meditating. And shortly after I rolled a grape on my tongue and stared at it for another 20 minutes. It was called a grape meditation.

Who could have known I could be a Yogi??????

In the last few weeks however I think I could be convinced. Three meditation classes later and my first yoga class behind me, I can say I like this stuff quite a lot. I can’t even believe I am open to it. So not my style.

Guess it is now.

So yes grapes on tongue and calling out to the beauty and benevolence of the world is an interesting thing to do at lunch at work. Breathing in and out and trying to sound like the ocean is quite lovely. And sending my problems to the universe to solve during a contemplative meditation is wierd but cool.

Having an image come to be out of nowhere of myself in the arms of Jesus Christ (dressed as my husband) and mini baby Jesus in his arms as a baby (me) was quite scary and weird-but my mind stays open. Stranger things can happen right? It's just another day.

Benevolence.

I love that word.