Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Hate Technology


Last night sucked.

Mondays are HUGE days for me. I run my own business. I work for the company I work for part of the day. I try to get caught up on  personal/personable things. I try to exercise.. I try to be a somewhat stay at home mother from 3:30-5:30pm. Needless to say Mondays are long and exhausting. 6am -11pm usually.  And nothing is ever still complete.

By 11:05 pm I am more than ready to cuddle up with a good book and a grapefruit cup. That was my plan last night.

Except Bear was still up downloading his stupid English project to You Tube and to to the class internet site. He swore that if it was not posted by midnight his team would lose marks. I had a few issues with this: 1) go to bed it is 11pm and I want kids out of my face 2) what the hell is your 70 yr. old teacher doing up at midnight looking at the internet site? 3) how is it your fault if the internet is not working???4) What is wrong with a good old fashioned project in a yellow doutang?

Well my husband also came home from work at 11pm. That is how lovely are Mondays always are. And then our one little hour together he had to stay up and done load this F…g thing. And in the end it did not work. So we had to write to the teacher before midnight.

Where was Bear? He was asleep We tried to wake him up to do it  himself ,but he told us to go away and come back in the morning.

Yes a serious case of helicopter parents last night. Not usually our style but when you have a future orthodontist or cardiac surgeon in your house you tend to try a bit harder right??? Hahahahah. That is what Bear reminded us of anyways before he went to bed. Try harder; I am worth it.

It’s not over. Book was never read. So we go to bed at 1:00am and set alarm for 6am in order to get Bear up and submit and upload this damn thing. So 5 hours sleep. Hubby sets the alarm.

So at 6am-the alarm goes off with this huge loud beep instead of calming music. We put on the lights and start getting out of bed and talking about the day. I feel weird. Really, really, really tired. I can’t believe that I have already slept for 5 hours-it feels like 5 minutes….the night went too quickly!

Well ya it did. For real.

Hubby looks at clock and it says 2:15am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He set it wrong! Here we are up and discussing day and getting dressed. I even took out my tooth whitening that I do one night a bloody year! So much for that 75 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so so so mad at my husband. Very irritable indeed. I started screaming while he snored. I stayed up fuming.Very effective.The only good part of this is that I knew I had another 4 hours of sleep I did not expect. Bonus.

Then we got up at the real 6am and Bear uploaded that dumb project. And it worked right away. We could have slept another hour. So I decided to scream at him too. Tell him he takes too much on with a team and to NEVER EVER be the technical editor again. I told him if he broke that rule he was grounded.

And so he started crying as he left the house. And he never cries.

And I am a bitch.
And I know it.

It happens.

So I wrote him a text. And he did not answer for a long while.

Last night sucked. And today I feel like a truck ran over me.
Meditiation at lunch will do be some good hopefully. Maybe she has another little grape to offer me to make it all better?

Happy Tuesday Everyone!