Tuesday, March 12, 2013

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!


An exact 24 hours after my blog about pill swallowing was written –Chase swallowed a pill 6 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This calls for a OMFG!!! As one of my BFF’s texted me so sweetly last night.

(and don’t worry these are all sugar pills that we ordered many of from a specialized compound pharmacy so don’t get all granola on me now ok???)

So there I was truly had surrendered and given up completely and was AT PEACE. Did not even mention the incident from the night before at our dinner time. Ordered the sub optimal drug for him and had a long talk with the pharmacy about what to do with a potential 85 yrs. old man who can’t swallow pills one day. (aka good old suppositories!)

Then at dinner I am there eating with the kids and Hubby at work. Chase gets this weird and serious and quiet look on his face and I honestly thought he might be dead or silently choking or in a coma as he is never silent or serious. I ask him what he is doing and he says “just thinking”

Then he quickly leaves the table and pours a glass of milk and tells me he has to go up and swallow a pill. That he can do it.

(Pls note this has happened in various forms almost every day for 6 weeks)

But this time 30 seconds later he SCREAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was so in shock he did not even believe it himself and thought pill had fallen in the milk. Kids were all jumping up and down and I was crying and jumping too. He was laughing and almost crying and barely breathing and said he wanted to show us all again. So he tried three times and was unable and started getting anxious again. I reassured him that when you are jumping and not able to breathe and crying and laughing that your throat may not be as relaxed. We closed the door and left and let him do  it again alone and he did it. And then in front of us three times!

 Then he called my Mom and his Dad and shouted his good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were estatic!!!
Then he said he was ready for the bigger capsules of sugar we had ordered (best 35$ I have ever spent in my life thanks Mom for the encouragement!) I told him to try next day so he could just stay excited and feel like he succeeded. He refused and swallowed 3 big capsules one after another.

I have a true druggie!!!! Join the family son!!!!:))))

OMG!!! OMFG!

This may not seem like a miracle to you but it is for me.
I could have died when my Mom said on phone to him “Congrats!!! So happy for you!!! Are you still getting the 50$$$????????????”

 

Mom!!! Mom!!! Seriously????????????????????????

So we are on damage control on that one right now and not letting money even enter this ecstatic moment of intrinsic pride for him. He asked for a special chocolates and celebration that night and I told him:

Just enjoy it. Enjoy the pride in and of it my darling boy. Just pride is plenty. You have changed the course of your entire life tonight on so many levels. You will take the med you need now and in the future..but most importantly you overcame what you thought was impossible. YOU did this.

Last night was in my top three favorite days of my life including Getting my Girl…..Bear into Sports Program..and now Prideful Pills Swallower. (Oh ya and my marriage and the three births).

What choked me up the most about this…….was his face. His pride. And knowing that my true and utter and sincere belief in him …has set him free.

And with that I have also found freedom

Tears….:)