They say we all find our love and joy of life in various
moments-and usually these moments hold a thread for us. Moments that takes our
breath away. A BFF and a few others I have read call them “thin places” places
where heaven and earth seem to come together. Others call them “in the flow” or
“moments of joy.” They all make sense to me.
Mine very very often come from seeing my loved ones-especially
our children, in relationships with others they cherish. Friendships, loves.
For me it gives me that true glimpse into their souls..Deeply who they are
without us guiding the. Who they are without us, which are our ultimate roles
as parents. To grow them and set they free. It is always bittersweet for me as
I often feel as though each time I see this joy in them for someone else there
is a part of them I lose.
For me it always has been and always will be “togetherness”
that is my thin places. Surrounded by each other and love and friendship.
Making that space for that togetherness to bloom and always ensuring I am never
busy being too busy to do so.
Bear’s thirds celebration was his girlfriend coming over
for a nice dinner and Beauty’s BFF coming over too (Chase was on grad ski
trip). We set up the dining room nice and cozy and had a beautiful evening over
fancy raclette. It was so peaceful and cozy and nice. Everyone was so happy. I
loved seeing the gentleman the Bear is. With manners and warmth and goodness. I
adore his girlfriend (I have to stop myself from adoring her so much as they
are so young at 15 yrs. old and I could just eat this girl up she is so
lovely). I loved seeing Beauty and one of her favorite long-time friends dance
for us and plan their weekend together upcoming at our cottage. I loved the
relationships I have with not only my own children but they people that matter
to them. These are my thin places as it gives me insights into the future.
Their futures. Our futures.
Our children and I are our best selves with the ones we
love. We bloom in friendship.
There is nothing more I want in the wold than to be a
close part of our children’s lives as they have their own lives and family.
Hubby and I have not discussed this much between us yet but even the other day
he articulated it so nicely himself making me realize how much of the same page
we are on this future “I hope I am alive and well for our children. I would choose
a day each week for each of them and go
to their homes and fix all the stuff that is broken and make a nice meal for
them for when they come home from work and do all the grocery shopping” I
picture this too and helping them raise their kids too. Funny as this sounds strange
to me even but it is what I want in my heart. To be a big and close part of
raising grandchildren and also making our three kids lives easier and carrying
the load of adulthood with them. We want this. Will it work out that way? Will
they want this too? Maybe not and we would adapt and adjust to that too and
whatever their hearts desire-but probably yes. I can’t imagine a more beautiful
life for all of us. A village. I am old fashioned this way.
Beauty’s friend’s mom got at our palace too early to pick
up Charlotte so she came in for about mins and joined us for desert (torsional bay
BIG cookie for Bear) and we sat and joked and talked and laughed. We have known
her for years so different from us, so full of laughter and so free, we have
always adored her.
It was a lovely dinner and made me realize that what I am
losing a lot now as the kids get older; I am also gaining in other ways.
We couldn’t have asked for more beautiful evening really.
And I am so thankful for this blog to give me the space
to be able to record and remember what so often without this blog would get
lost in the shuffle and busyness of life. Thank you sister savvy for providing
me this idea years ago-it is priceless for m and has added to the quality of my
life immensely to have the place for creative expression.
A few other lovely moments this weekend. Much Better than the
disaster of last weekend!!!
![]() |
| this weekend our hearts felt freer after finally some good medical news for Beauty where spinal fusion is unlikley |







