Thursday, February 05, 2015

Girl Only



(And no it is not about Shades of Grey!!!) That will be after Feb 20 when I see it.

If you are a boy you can’t read this. And if you are a boy who works with me please just let go ok? (What are you doing reading my blog anyways??)

It is so odd. Every month 24 hrs before I get my period I have a vivid dream the night before that I get my period. And it is always at a time when I don’t want my period in my dream.  (Although do we ever want it really?) I wake up an am sure I have period, but then don’t have it. And then 24 hrs later get it.

And it is not that I am so regular or anything so this is odd.

What it shows me is the power of the hormones and the female body all connected to female intuition. The body and mind are connected-and the mind knows and so does the body that the bloody period is arriving (pun intended)

For me although periods are not necessarily clockwork (and sometimes are) there are some very predictable elements to this time of month. Since I don’t want any more babies I find menstruation more and more of a lost cause and an annoyance as it truly has no purpose in my life.

-about 4 days before it is 100% certain I will get in a huge fight with either my husband or one of the kids or all of the kids and my husband. During this fight limited to about once a month, if we are luck that month, I will lose it and be screaming and crying a lot. This is so not my fault. I cannot control it .

-I will be tired and irritable about 2 weeks before my period. So generally half the month I am sweet as pie (probably sweeter than most) and half the month I am a bitch (really bad). I am quite pleased as before two years ago it was about 3 months and 4 days I was irritable leaving about 4 days a month (with blood) that I was pleasant to live with. Now it is two whole weeks!

-after I get my period I am so…calm. And serene…and happy and peaceful for a few…moments...hours...days

I thought about this today because the hormones affect me to this level imagine what this does to teens with their constant raging hormones? We can’t get to irritated and angry with them-as their bodies are out of control! Seriously I bet they feel like I do the 4 days before my period pretty much all the time. We can’t hold them liable for their behavior then can we? They are hormonal messes! Let’s see if I remember this next time our teens pull something that irritates me (everyday)

Like this morning after thousands and thousands of times of me telling Beauty to make sure clothes not on floor in mornings and lamp off as a fire hazard-I walk into her room that she was supposed to have cleaned last night and what do I see? I see no floor at all-that is how bad it is. And two lamps on. It was and is pathetic and I am at a loss for words. But hey maybe it is her hormones!!! Yes let’s blame everyone’s bad characteristics in the house and their disobedience on that!

My daughter has had her period for 10 months now and thank goodness she and I are pretty much on the same cycle. And similar moods too. (poor men in our home)Tonight we are both in good moods..and we had fun. Can’t wait until next month to catch a glimpse of that again.


If you are a boy and you arrived to this point…you are a bad bad boy. And you deserve feeling a little awkward. And so do I!