There are a few incidents that happened over the last
couple of days that I cannot get the images out of my mind. I replay them and
replay them even though I don’t want to. I imagine what would have been? Or what
could have happened?
And thank the universe that it was on our side. Thank-you
We had not slept in past 6:30am for about 21 days straight
and chose Thursday to do so unitil 7:30am (wow what a treat eh such a sleep
in!) Kids called friends and got lifts.
Phone rings at 7:33am and Beauty has been in a car accident
L((((Nobody
was hurt at all thank God!!!!!! The friend’s
Dad hit black ice and car turned partially on its side and all airbags back and
front deployed. It could have been really bad. But it wasn’t. It left three
girls very shaken up and the Dad extremely shaken up. He called later in tears……saying
sorry. We never for a moment thought to blame him-it could have happened to any
of us. We are just so so so happy the people in the car are perfectly ok. The
car is finished but no one cares. The girls got s lift to school from an
onlooker. The Mom of one of the girls (wife of the driver)went to school and
took the girls out of class and took them for juice and snacks…Hubby had a
lunch date with Beauty so she could speak about it and he could hold her. We were
all so grateful. It was a hard day and I kept repeating over and over in my
mind what could have happened.
That day at work-a bunch of things happened that normally
would have really disturbed me and made me anxious. I won’t even be silly enough
to think they belong anywhere near this particular post right now. But I was confused
and needed some tender loving care. Hubby stayed up good hours into the evening
talking with me. We went to bed.
I remember thinking before I fell asleep just how much I
loved him.
I had a good sleep but at 5:00am my mind started spinning
again about Beauty’s accident and about work –I could not get back to sleep. At
5:50am Hubby beside me gets out of bed to go to the bathroom. Something about
the way he pulled of the comforter so abruptly confused me. He stood up and
immediately fell from standing to on his back unconscious on the floor. I have
never heard a bigger bang.
Even
as I write this I want to shut my eyes and scream.
Those few moments were traumatic and I
can never forget them. I rushed over to him and realized he was unconscious and
he looked almost in pain…he would not respond. I was 100 percent sure he was
having a heart attack or had a brain tumor….I was screaming and screaming so
loud and shaking him so hard and he would not wake up.
The moment I remember most is not the shock of it all and
not the action part and the ambulance coming. It was the approx. 10 seconds in
between shock and action that I replay over and over in my head. When I was
screaming and looking down at him and realizing this is probably it. I won’t be loved by this guy anymore and
neither will the kids…we need him. We won’t be given the chance to love him in
our lives anymore
My mind turned to action and I called 911 and was
hyperventilating on the phone and could barely get our address. Somewhere during
that call he woke up. Somewhere during it all the kids were all in our room. I
have no idea when they came in, if they saw their father naked and unconscious on
the floor if they saw it all….it’s all a blur. Suddenly Hubby was saying to me-no it’s ok no ambulance. I can’t go to the
hospital –we need to be in court today and I have to prepare the file
Hit head had a big bump and blood was coming out of it.
We got him in bed and he was fully alert. The ambulance showed up 25 mins later
and stayed for 45 mins running EKGs, tests, blood sugar, vital signs, blood
pressure. All normal. A mystery. He was back and back to us. Life would not change.
This time we were give the lucky cards.
We were in shock over it. The kids arranged for other
parents to take them to school, we lingered in bed in shock, we got up and
Hubby prepared the file. We both showed up in court after mornings at work and
hard meetings, we won our water infiltration case at half the amount we
claimed. We went out for lunch and went to buy the boys some socks and Beauty
some underwear.
The day went on but too much happened to ever really
forget. Beauty was in a car accident. I thought my husband was going to die. We
arrived at the cottage at midnight last night and volunteered at the mountain
as of 7:45 am. Life continues. But the images stay in my mind and in my heart.
Especially of my husband. I have never loved him more
than when he came back to us. To me..To comfort me and take care of me when the
phone rings and our daughter is scared. To shares my work decisions. To live
this life together that we have crafted and created and nurtured and designed.
I
feel luckier today than I have in a long time.
2014 almost killed us. 2015 has blessed us so far.what
could have happened in our family this week..did not.
Thank-you