Sunday, February 01, 2015

STOP IT!!!



If you had not noticed already: I am a super bossy and judgmental person.
The bossy part I kind of like and works for me. The judgmental part I hate about myself and try to change it much of the time with mediocre and inconsistent success.

In the leadership course I give at work my Swiss collegue and I started playing a video clip to the mangers each session called “Stop It”. In it a woman with a phobia seeks help from the psychiatrist about not wanting to leave her house because she is scared and his answer is that he screams in her face “Stop it!”. When she admits she is scared to be buried alive in a box and what should she do he asks her to listen to him carefully and take a piece of paper out and write down the following “JUST STOP IT!”

Since that video more than a decade ago which we have shown a dozen times since-I have 1) wanted to write a booked called “Stop it!” (Which I will one day) 2) pretty much want to shout at many people many times a day the same thing.

Well last night I pulled out the entire stop it. Sometimes my dear family just drives me to the point where I simply cannot handle it anymore and yesterday was one of those days. Bear had his skis stolen. Expensive twintips. I have been reminding my kids weekly to lock up their skis with the 40 dollar locks we bought them and they ignore me. Well look what happens. Bear now has to pay all of this him…and it is hard to watch. Well the way his sister handled this situation made me literally pull on her hair. I was so disappointed in her. At dinner that night during a great conversation about our upcoming trip to Costa Rica-Chase decided to ruin it all and say he is too anxious to go and hates heat, and hates new places, and is so upset not to have free Wi-Fi-and why couldn’t we stay in a 5 sitar hotel?. And Beauty said she hates spider and crocodiles and is pretty much going to cry and whine the whole time (and she started at the table to give us a preview).

WELL I LOST IT COMPLETELY. AND NOT ONLY DID I SAY STOP IT! I SAID MANY THINGS IN BETWEEN.

I cannot handle people’s anxieties anymore, or phobias, or fears, or fear of illness, or aches and pains, or anything at all. I just want to be normal and go on vacation and have my kids count down the days like normal families do. Just be normal please? Sometimes I truly feel like an old smelly sponge who’s purpose in like is to soak up everyone else’s crap.

Did I over react? YES. Did I handle the situation as a mother should? No. No .No. Was I proud of myself? No? Did my kids feel like shit seeing me bawl like a baby and simultaneously scream volatile things at them? YES. Did I sleep all night? No.
Do I regret it? No.

Sometimes you just have enough. And this was my enough. Please please just stop being afraid of reptiles and worry you might get a headache in the heat. Plus stop using a baby voice to get your point across and tell me how change makes you anxious. And please please don’t even allude to the fact that if you can’t be on Facebook you may not want to come-because them I might seriously have to kill myself.

Technology has truly killed the world as far as I am concerned and I am seriously scared to see how this generation turns out.

STOP IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE

I am far far far from a perfect mother. And I am happily admitting it.


Not every weekend is a good one. This one sucks.