Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Food for the Soul




I have been a bit bummed the last month as my weight loss efforts have stalled since the X-mas holidays. I was consistently losing .5-1 lb. per week and was up to 11 lbs. and then 2 weeks of Xmas vacation came and have spent my weeks now trying to lose the few lbs. I had gained back during that time.

The last three days I have gone serious and am on two shakes a day and one protein meal (with a cake pop I just ate in between) and man this works! 3 lbs. gone-yahoo Tonight it is dinner out with friends from work for yummy Lebanese downtown (finally real food!)All that to say I had to find other ways to “feed” myself in the last couple of days as life was pretty boring on mostly protein shakes.

Three things that have been wonderful are the tweaks my Hubby and I made to our couple hood priorities and schedule right after Christmas that we have been good in keeping so far

 Wed early mornings for 30 mins we do a home project together (last two weeks was printing and framing family pics, laying down a carpet in the basement, financial accounting) I thought I would resent this but I like it a lot. He still has his weekly home list and I still have mine individually of course as trust me with two homes it is never ending and alot of our time in evenings and on weekend is the maintenance of the house and cottage


On weekends now he also plans out the day and I like that too (between us both chauffeuring to ski mountain 8 times!). Usually he chooses something I like and sometimes not but I get used to it (shoveling is often his first pick) I like someone else planning though and its takes it off of me and also ensure we do things he likes. Last week I even helped with screwing in lighbulbs on the balcony!

The other tweak which we tweaked a few times and seemed to have settled on this one is: Tuesday nights after kids in beds no technology. No phones, computers or even TV. TV is a biggie for us as on last season of Scandal and love our TV shows in the winter. Kind of addicted. Huge sacrifice to not watch an hou at night. And Monday and Wedneday nights we either work super late of have other activgities so not many nights in the week.

 "Technology free Tuesday" night was a success and we read books in bed, Hubby listened  to his choir music in prep for rehearsal tonight and we had a nice warm bath and got under our amazingly cozy flannel sheets ( a bit earlier than usual at 12:00 am vs our usual 12:30am)

We felt good. And I feel good today. My soul is nourished and I am content

Ritualization, Ritualization. Ritualization. Can’t say enough about it.When something is important to you build it into your schedule and use persistence. It’s the only way REALLY. Thinking about doing seeming or wanting to do something is not the same as doing it. Consistently.

If you want to hear more , read the book I co-authored coming out on Amazon end of March 2015 “More Life, Please!”  there will be many more posts on this book! I feel so proud. Last copy publisher sent us this week and final edits have gone back. This is it!!! Two years in the writing and waiting! Dream come true for me and a really really good read if I do say so myselfJ)