Saturday, February 07, 2015

To Breathe Again



I am posting what I wrote to frinds and family early yesterday morning from hospital. We are so lucky to have the support we do..thank you all soooo much!!!




Hi Everyone


Thought I would answer properly by email as so many nice texts early this morning. Beauty is fineJ)) Her X-rays are exactly where they were at 6 months ago which is great news! Her curve holds at 35 degree which is really great considering she has grown over 6 months. She is now 5’5 feet tall!


Both of her braces (day and night) are doing their job well. She was also fitted for a new night brace today which we will receive in 3 weeks and she will  wean into...(pics above!)


Phew….this was a BIG relief and a very important appointment as now she is at what is considered Riser 2 which is a lot closer to finishing her growth than when she started this journey.(Risser 0). Once reaches Risser 4 she will not need bracing. She is almost halfway there likely
She will remain in brace for likely18months (maybe  a little more or less) but spinal fusion surgery is very unlikely at this point unless she is a very unlucky case




And that? Is great news!


I have attached a little short dance that Beauty horeographed for an exam at school. There is nothing extraordinary about it-one of her more basic and simpler ones but reminds me of how lucky she is and we are in this journey that she can still dance this way despite all the obstacles she has and still faces daily with scoliosis.


There is something about this particular dance that touches me and reminds me of the resilience  and strength of our daughter to be able to do so well physically and emotionally in wearing two body braces 20 hours per day over such a long period.. Who she is at the core I find comes through this little short clip and the grace in which she is handling all that is and is and has been  coming her way.


.I wanted to share it with you on this happy day.