Some things are very sweet
High school friends who are forever fall into that category. There is something about being with them, as a unit especially, that is comforting, needed and very very real.
Like coming home. Like being home. I love this feeling, I want more.
All in different phases at different times. Hard times, happy times, distant & confusing times, welcoming new life. All of us in all of these phases in little bits-not completely in one place or the next. All mixed together trying to figure it all out.
Being there for each other; understanding each other and supporting each other.
Being honest. Not putting up fronts. Taking down barriers.
Sharing our adorable children, showing them off, relishing in them. Watching them get to know eachother and bond.
Sharing that deepest part of our souls together.
Knowing that this circle is forever because we have chosen it to be. Knowing that as different as we all are, we "get" each other.
Knowing one day on that special day when I become what I am in my dreams in a decade-they will both be sitting there in the front row cheering me on. They may have created a title for a future bestseller book one day. First class tickets to some exotic place for both of them certainlyJ
They were there, both, as I struggled through my eulogy for my Dad with all three of us tears streaming down our faces. They understood. They have been there for me through good and through bad times I have never asked them to be.
They love me to bits-I am so lucky and this one is just luck because I have not always earned my keep in some more distant periods of my life that I have no excuses forL This one is luck.Sometimes good things happen to people just because. Lucky me.
I have often been and will be witness for their lives and their moments. Capturing for them with camera and pen life's beautiful and fleeting moments. Cooking butter chicken and summer pasta. Loving their children and having them over for parties and sleepovers. Loving them from close and far away places.Planning showers and parties and priorities.
Giving them what I can……what I am good at. Working on what I am not.
Yes I shall.
To indulge in the circle of their affections, their lack of judgment, their continuous encouragement. To learn what it feels like to be truly listened to. To bask in that comfort and take it in.To seek to understand more..to leartn more. To accept someone for who they are. Amazing isn't it?????
Learning from these wise girls, as I always have….to access inside of me what is deep and meaningful. Letting it come forth in this second phase of my life.
Yes. Absolutely.