I felt happy today with the realization that somehow along the way of the Happiness Project I committed to last year I seem to have shifted my paradigm of thinking. Exercise and being Healthy has somewhat changed from the “have to/should do” bucket to mostly over into the Happiness bucket now.
My last blog indicated that I was giving my self a break for the next two months and not forcing myself to do my 30 minutes of exercise per day….it was a needed permission I gave myself to feel less stressed over the summer.
Well guess what??? Guess what I seem to naturally want to do with that time in the last 2 days? It seems to be exercising!!!! My mind was actually sad yesterday morning “that I could not exercise and had to do something indulgent for 30 minutes”. Crazy mind of mine. Never fails to shock me.
So although my early weekday mornings seem to be most happily spent working away on my blackberry/laptop in my pjs at home with a muffin and milk before I go into the office,for these particular 30 minutes a day I seem to need that time to do something else. And if exercise is my chosen indulgence even when I have given myself permisson to do something more inviting then all I can say is:
Yipppppeeee! I have certainly come a long way Baby.
It’s amazing how habit forming doing something often and in a ritualized way can become.
Let's see if my crazy brain will let this one stick.
Let's see if my crazy brain will let this one stick.