Monday, January 06, 2014

Hours in Love




This is the first morning that I am not with my kids in 288 hrs. Then  there were the other 144 that we were all asleep in the same house that I did not count.

(Also did not count that my daughter is still home today as a day off for her from school-what a great idea school to give a rest day after two weeks of vacation! )

We spent ALOT of time as a family on this vacation. And with a lot of extended family and a lot of friends. But never apart. My kids saw one friend one their own and she came to our house for 3 hours. They had no sleepovers and no outings outside of the hours without us except for skiing for a few hours at a time. We went everywhere and were everywhere all 5 of us except for 5 hrs in Sauveur that we spilt up and twice to the grocery store two of us and driving back and forth from skiing just one of us with the kids.

As I write this I think we must be really bonded or really really crazy.

That’s just the way it is in our family. I guess we really are abnormal. I guess my teens are freaks?

And ps yesterday was the first day that I felt I might punch my kids in the face. Yesterday I was so ready for them to go back to school it was not even funny. They were screaming and wrestling and fighting and whining. At one point in the car on the way home I just blocked them all out. They were telling me funny stories and nice things about myself I vaguely recall and I just told them to shut up. That I was  busy texting other human beings and could not bear them anymore.

 

PSS-they did not feel the same. They had no interest in going to school today or I guess seeing their friends either.

 

PSSS-I still have no need to punch my husband in the face. I never get sick of him it seems. It is 8:45am and we are still in bed blogging away and talking away and reading away right next to each other. Neither of us seem to be able to get up..get showered…get dressed..and start our works day. This is ludicrous.

Good thing I am working for myself today and have no apts until noon. Oh and like a million hours of catch up work for the other company and job I do.

 

If I count the hours I can stand my family and they can stand me (and not just stand but mainly really delight in)…we love each other a whole whole lotJ

And despite my day yesterday of annoyance…..I would take a million more hours with them if I could. It is never enough it seems.

 

PSSSS-NO I NEVER EVER WANT TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM. I JUST LIKE VACATION IS ALL.