It's
a beginning today
And
integration of work and life.. For him.. For us.. For our family
Nothing
compares to the strong look of pride that occurs for him. I can feel it. In the
end he knows he did this And this is amazing It is a dream come true It has
been waiting for him for a long long time The pride of ownership and of
creation.Of bringing a dream to life though challenge and obstacles.May not be
an investment in money .. Or maybe it is? The future will tell. What is an investment anyways?
It will be an investment in happiness I believe and I think he does too. It will change
him and thank him for all the hard work he has done over 30 yrs. The commitment,
the loyalty the competency, the expertise. All at such an incredibly young age
. He deserves a warm and cozy office-worked his ass off since 20 yrs old!
We
are scared . He is. I am. Today I feel completely overwhelmed by the storage my
garage is being used as for thousands and thousands and thousands of files. I
feel overwhelmed by the bigness of this all. I cannot even imagine how he
feels!
We
had a cozy cushy life and once again we shook it all up. It’s hard not to ask
ourselves why sometimes? But we know exactly why. We are visionaries..and strategists
don’t stay in the same spot as much as they wish they would want to.
Change
is extremely hard for us. Extremely. We are so not good at it-but smart enough
to know to do it anyways even if it is hard, and painful and exhausting. We
know that you cannot have pleasure without pain really in the end.
And
soon enough the change will be done as the transition over…The Lake will
welcome him, the golf course will call to him, the sunlight will sit on him. And clients will walk through his new door
The
community will be surprised by him and re sandwiches will delight him. He will
sit outside everyday at lunch on the terrace that feels like home and pretend
he is at home hopefully with a coffee and the paper. While sustaining his successful
law practice.A part of me misses him. I have seen him change already. Open himself up.
Today
as I bring his staff gifts of massages at the spa right next door and
cupcakes from the place 2 mins away, I feel so much: poor scared excited and in
transition But mostly I feel proud of my guy who had a dream and a vision and
brought it to life on his own. Mostly without bossy me .And proud of me for
helping to make it happen and letting go. Of standing back and letting him take
the space he deserves. It is his place and his dream. He claimed it .
A
new chapter begins today.