The
private island of Haiti belonging to the cruise ship was our first stop. It
confused the kids a lot and they asked questions all day about the poverty and
corruption all over Haiti . It was a strange feeling to be so sheltered from
this on this magical island. We at least could feel that we were adding to the
tourism domain- but that was little comfort seeing what we see on the news
weekly a out this desperate country.
Aside from this...
Highlights:
GETTING
OFF THE SHIP WAS HEAVENLY. The waves and roughness and problem with boat stabilizer
made for a very difficult couple of days and night. Hubby and I were up at 4am
still talking about how crazy it was to literally not be able to stand up and
go to the bathroom without falling over!!!! Chase and I especially were
grateful to be on land
Fun
thing about cruise and excursions is that kids hang out with us a whole lot
more than at all inclusive resort .This is good .
We
hung out at beach on floating mat all of us:)
Went
zip lining biggest zipline over water in the world. I panicked at the top..
Girl said to me " do things that make you scared " I did it and was
breathtaking . I literally was in tears of fear looking doen at the top. Very strange for me to panic in this way.
Lounging
aft at beach was really relaxing and nice
Lounging
on cruise and reading after we got back. Beauty brought us a big plate of all
dressed nachos to accompany our margaritas
Chase
sneaked away and discreetly ordered room service and movie and lost track of
time and broke rule of outside until 6pm. I forgave him quickly . He knows what
he likes by 15yrs I guess!
Beauty
and outstanding big heart for others less fortunate. She bought waterside pass
and homemade bracelets for 5 friends to “help Haiti”. with her money. This girl will travel all over the
world one day helping others: I can feel it building in her
Magic
show at 7pm and me hour to myself . First hour since Thursday night!
Dinner
with a calmer sea and a much better menu than the last few nights. It is
amazing to watch our kids order rack of lamb, scallops in wine sauce , salmon
in lemone sauce and spinich ricotta. All that pushing of food at home over the
years is paying off finally it seems - especially with Bear. He has the most
refined palette just like his Dad
We
had a super entertaining dinner laughing and talking and taking pictures of
each other’s teeth. The cherry on top was when Bear said " can we all come
and crumble together in your bed? Aka cuddle
Ok
so only 1/3 actually showed up .Not even Bear!) But it was the thought that
counted anyways right ?
This
is precisely what I will always love about vacations and unstructured time.
What I love about disconnecting. We end up making what is truly a priority for
us a true priority and a special 10 days
A
perfect ending to a perfect day. Kids tucked in safely in room right next to
ours attached only by our joint outside balcony . A romantic night for us- some
alone time- time to stand out late at night on the balcony and do what we do
best; gaze at the ocean and hear the waves lap . Look up at the sky and wish
our hearts desires.
Feeling
in that moment that I had it all. Health . My loving man. My beautiful
children. My Mom back to good health and safe and wonderful friends that
sustain me like oxygen . Both near and far. The real thing. And a future full
of potential to realize everything I have built my solid foundation on.
And
as the warm wind blew my hair and I felt my husband lean down and kiss my head
I felt a feeling so often foreign to me most of my life. Peace . To just let life carry me to all the places I belong. Like
the waves beneath me in that moment.
Goodnight.