Saturday, May 10, 2014

An Unforgettable Day


Today was Venice. The city of water and love. We are very spoiled as for Hubby and I third time we visited there…we find it so beautiful we want kids to see it tooJ

 

Gondolas, gelato, best meal at best resto we went to with Bear two years ago, bridges, water taxis. Venice is gorgeous. And it was wonderful to show it to Beauty.

I lost my sun glasses that I bought there two years ago –three days before my trip…the best sunglasses ever. I replaced them today with two pairJ))) Thank goodness I have the excuse of Mothers’ Day tomorrow to allow myself this indulgence.

Beauty chased birds around St Marco’s plaza. They climbed another bell tower. We bought souvenirs. Hubby had a café on a terrace. We are getting seriously used to this!

And Beauty decided that she wants to be a social worker when she grows up. It has become so obvious on this trip what the girl is destined to do. She comes alive by helping others..it’s amazing to watch. I think Venice sealed the deal for her when the homeless man whom she gave money to smiled and waved at her..and all the sudden her own heart expanded by giving. We decided that if she needs surgery for her back-our way to deal with it will be to give to others during that time. Soup kitchens.Cleaning daycare toys..yup.

And then we spoke to the boys! And Didi! On the phone….was so good to speak to them and hear their voices. Tonight it is room service and good old fashioned pizzas and then going up for crepes for dessert. A lazy night in our pjs. We have not watched TV forever and turned a movie on and switched it right off. We have been reading a lot. I have finished three books and have none left so will hit the library on the cruise tomorrow while Beauty does her homework for the first time.

Today was a monumental day but I can’t as why so will give a few hints between other paragraphs so hopefully is hidden from Beauty. 12.5 yrs. old? Monumental? Growing up? OMG!!!!!!!!!! More on this when we get home. Let’s just say that girl has a lot to juggle right now..the brace…talking on the brace and off the brace….lots to figure out. 12.5? Milestone? Embarrassed a little? A LOT???

Ok now that that paragraph is hidden back to Venice. Relaxing and uneventful. Unforgettable day. Vacation is half over. I am glad to have room service tonight so is Beauty. Hubby won't say it but I know he is pissed off (juts like when we eat leftovers at home) He likes going out..always..and eating new stuff.

Sorry the girls win tonight!!!!!

Tomorrow is a quiet at Sea Day.

PS I really really like my new sunglasses

 

PSS-our pizza is late. This is pissing off Hubby even more as now won’t be time for crepes maybe. To add to this we now have smoker next door who smokes on her balcony. I guess she is trying to kill herself as she is about 90 needs old and smokes like a chimney. To create some clean air we have to open our door in front and back to create a backdraft-this is making Hubby slightly agitated too. Then I am making Beauty laugh and so talking a lot about farting and burping and we decided to make fart noises on our balcony each time the woman next store smokes to even out the playing field. Nothing like an anti smoking campaign for a tween. This will surely turn her off forever.

I am guessing that at times like this my husband would like to wind down and decompress . I am relieved for the both of us that in a few minutes I can show him all my shopping bags! That will do it! Nothing like spent money we don’t have to calm the nerves is there?

Anyways I like silly nights like this as I think after 7 serious days of serious touring- We need it.

PSS-So we went for the crepes and of course they had just closed. So I told the chef that my husband would beat me up if he did not get a crepe (and I am not sure I was joking!) The chef gave in and made us three crepes. Phew…I get to sleep tonight. Silly silly silly. I love it when I am in a mood that I don’t care about other’s feelings or problems (very ,very rare). I adore when I join the human race on these rare occasions.