Tuesday, May 06, 2014

First three Days!


First Three Days!
It’s always such a strange and surreal feeling to be transported to a whole new world. Sleep on the plane flying over North America and end up in Italy somehow.
We are on the Norwegian Jade and I can’t believe this is home for the next 13 days.
We had half a day of the ship yesterday and then we did Naples Italy day 1. We went to the beautiful Sorrento and also Pompeii which were both really really beautiful .Day 2 was Sicily and visited Taormina all afternoon dn then came back and did the church and plaza at Messina.
After a couple of very cold and today very pouring rainy day it was nice to come back to an hour of sun at the pool and all fall asleep reading in the lawn chairs.
I post  this only now (that I am better) so that I don’t worry my Mom and kids at home. Let’s just say that the first two days were hard!!! My ankle was actually quite sprained after all L(On the plane it really swell up and I could barely walk off the plane. I did nonetheless and was in tons of pain. By the time I got top the cruise I was burnt and in pain. I could not even visit and tour the cruise. So we rented a wheelchair for that day which was horrible. Then  for Sorrento and Pompai we rented a cane that I used all day. By day 3 progressively better from lots of pain and immobility to just milder discomfort and no high heel wearing (somehow it’s not much fun to wear running shoes with a dress for dinner).
Anyways a whole other post on this another time as I want it to be a distant memory now that it is on the mend. I have never been so scared in my life thinking that I had ruined the whole trip. Hubby and daughter were not very impressed with me either.(a  whole other story all together!)
Great moments so far:
Smooth uneventful flight
No jet lag as slept on plane
Good food on Norwegian
Love the outside eating quarters for breakfast and dinner
Hubby in the middle of Beauty and I always with his arms around our shoulders and our around his waist walking with us
Beauty talking a lot and all the time
Beauty telling me her life story and life sorry of her 25 BFF’s all day
The Jacuzzi
Our balcony
Waking up to Hubby and Beauty in the tiny tiny tiny little room share we all pretty much sleep in the two beds pushed together
Beauty to using free wifi in a café because she Said she is on holidays and too addictive. That’s my girl! for my ankle
Cane for my ankle
Volatsarin for my ankle
Ice for my ankle
Watching Beauty dress up so lovely for dinner
Cuddling Beauty in bed in morning
Sleeping. Love it so much
Morning and looking out doors and being in new country, island or cities
The pink sunsets
Black sweater I bought in Sorrento. Love it
Finding the beige Benetton sweater I want them to buy me for Mother’s Day
Dominic our taxi driver in Sicily and Hubby saying to him”you look better in the picture with my girls!” and him same “Ya I know!”
The plaza and waiting for the bells to ring and lying on the park bench in the only sun of that day
Finding non-alcoholic beer anywhere is a total win. Having someone serve it and not saying something stupid
Beauty managing her own photo shoot on the red carpet
Seeing how polite Beauty is with strangers
Beauty thinking all babies, Grampas and animals are “adorable”
All being in bed all three in same bed before we fall asleep and listening to Beauty’s funny stories (I went up to the room to get your robes and stared at myself in the mirror and forgot to get them!)
Getting to know our daughter in a way I never have before (especially as a third child!)
The Harder moments
Not being able to walk for two days!
My husband having traumatic memories and anger of his mom being in a wheelchair all his life while pushing me!
Seeing hubby struggle to not drink alcohol and be around alcohol at literally every turnL( (he quit recently for health reasons)
Comparing Norwegian to Royal Caribbean constantly (much less luxurious)
Feeling sick at dinner from rocking of boat
Beauty talking all day and never being quiet (hey did I just write that????)
Beauty dancing all the time and doing gymnastics in the tiny tiny tiny room. As in lift her leg and it hit me in the head.
Feeling frumpy (usually I feel somewhat pretty and stylish) not anymore compared to my ultra slim and ultra-stylish tween daughter
The weather. I would say so far colder than Canada. Has to get better
Never having husband with me. He is always with our daughter!!!! We have had not one single private conversation
Overall??? Great start to trip!!! Love Europe especially now that I can walk again and my husband has forgiven me for traumatizing him and my daughter and almost ruining the trip. It always takes us a few days to get into the trip…..into a routine. Tonight I felt that we are getting into one.
Hi boys and Didi!!! Miss you and Love you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox