"No one is
busy in this world. It's all about priorities." If you truly prioritize
something, you will make time for it. Be certain of that. "
Did he really think I was going to give him a toilet
plunger for such an important b-day and to mark such an important year?
I guess he did-as he was
thoroughly surprised last night!
We did a surprise 2 weeks late bday party/slash you
made it through 2014 party for my Guy . And it is a miracle it worked out as so
many glitches along the way.
9 adults and 9 kids –turned into 8 adults and 12
kids…turned almost into 5 adults and 8 kids. But finally we were a whole bunch!!!! Sadly missing Michael and Ian with very good reasonsll!!!!!! It is honestly a full time job to
coordinate all us working parents- schedules teenagers with hockey and exams,
sick kids, illness etc. this morning I almost literally just cancelled the
whole thing. I couldn’t take it anymore!!! Was supposed to be our closet 3 sets
of couple friends and my mom. And older kids. Ended up a different version of
that with some key players missing and young kids added.
BFF’s couldn’t make it..Husbands were sick or
away..Kids showed up with contagious sores in their mouths and we quarantined
them in our room with no contact with anyone. We had changed the date several
times for one of our BFF’s work and finally he wasn’t able to make it at all as was stuck on a plane.
Our three kids are in final exams the next day-ended up was a bad date to
choose because of this. Really bad
And then I decided to just shut
up and just go with the flow. And I did.
And it was all so beautiful.
But we were there to celebrate my Hubby. On a
weeknight for 2.5 hrs. as that is all we have as weekends forget it as even
more of an administrative scheduling nightmare. We sat around and laughed and
chatted and enjoyed for those few hrs. With each other and the man of the hour.
Who was in shock because he really had no ideas at all this was happening. Love
this part!!! Love surprising people!
I came home an hour early to check on Beauty’s
decorating job (she is so good!) and set out a few appetizers. Catered Lebanese
meal arrived as expected ,piping hot right on time at 7:15pm. Mrs. Sweetheart
made his absolute fave Score bar cheesecake-bless her sweet soulJ I had invited only a fraction of people as was very
intimate and our couple BFF’s who we always hang out with as I knew this is
what Hubby would want-but we had asked a good 15 people to email messages for
him. I put them all into a scrapbooking format on a HUGE card and it will be a
keepsake for a lifetime. So special and meaningful are the words so people wrote.
It was a short and sweet and wonderful evening. Like a
warm blanket of love. And each time one of these friends events end I feel so
blessed that we have this bunch. We have all supported another like a village
in our marriages, our careers, raising kids. It truly is the village I always
knew we needed to be successful in our lives. It all worked like like magic.
All great people and a super dynamic.
And no exam the next day, or any other priority could
be more important than making these types of events happen even if it is a full
time job to plan. These are the moments we will all remember. Not the ski
competitions or the hockey games or the soccer weekends. Not the marks, or the
missed work or the scheduling woes.
With good friends we have always
made it happen. And we will fight to our graves to ensure it always does.
This is the stuff life is made of.



