Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stops and Starts



Since Jan 1 I have been keenly aware of “finding my flow”. And the books claim that the best way to find it is to be more in tune with your desires. Look almost as an outsider of things you like doing-or don’t like doing- and take notice of them. Also of trends in your life of likes and dislikes and how you feel about them.
Well so far here is what it is shaping up to be (can’t say I am overly proud of my observations)

Like doing to the point I would never want to stop doing them at any point:

Sitting or lying on any couch or chair surface
Reading- lying down
Writing- sitting up with covers around me
Making lists-in any position
Sleeping pretty much anywhere at anytime
Eating yummy things
Texting (I know it could be an addiction for me so I put a lot of limits on it but I adore it)
Going into Jacuzzis outside
Getting massages
Spending time with my  husband and/or kids especially if it involves eating, sitting lying down or in a Jacuzzi

Here are things I also notice I like a lot

1-   Being very busy all the time
2-   Working
3-   Talking with my friends or Mom on or seeing them in person
4-   Doing yoga, long walks outside in all seasons, skating and any summer lake sport

Things I dislike:
-Mondays
-cooking
-cleaning
-packing
-starting vacation
-ending vacation
-not being busy (odd for someone who does so much sleeping and lying around eh?)

Trends
-I find it really hard to pull myself away from things . I dread the end of activities I like or work ending  and being interrupted. If I am liking what I am doing at work or at home-juts want to continue and resent to move to the next needed thing (therefore lots of resentment of interruption in,my life!!!)

-have a hard time with starts and ends of things

-I find constantly in my life even though I love lying around reading and writing I seem to never get to do these things a lot or for very long. I am always walking up for something, packing for something and running to something

-I am physically exhausted