Was so nice yesterday this week of over lunch with a good
friend and colleague of mine I may have received the nicest compliment I have
ever had in my life. He said what he appreciated about me most was that I
always put relationships and people over and above everything and that it was
apparent. I work with him too so was so nice to see that this shined through in
my workplace. It really touched my heart to hear him express it in the way he
did to me.
And then we got into this cool conversation about what
other than people (as relationships top of his list too and for him like I
anything to do with collogues, feelings, friends and family, conflicts,
communication etc. are handled with first
priority in his inbox rather than
last-and at our place of work there are a lot of relationships and colleagues
and conflicts and communication to care about!) So we started discussing other
sacred or necessary things in our lives and listing them.
You see yes relationships important to me but also some “things
& experiences” are important to me too:
-Flannel sheets-this made it onto my sacred and necessary
list last night since hubby got for his bday and the best thing EVER
-Hunter slippers. How did I live without these prior?
-floating mats for the pool to tan and feel the sun on
-soft elastics to put a ponytail in my hair
-moisturizer, lipbalm and shower gel
-The Buddha on my fireplace (my spiritual side. Don’t believe
in him-just like him there protecting me)
-the Zebra on my fireplace reminding me to always look
closer for health and the hidden zebras that are not like the more likely horses
that can lead
us to discover what is not apparent in health (inspired from
the year we had last year)
-My rocks of closeness and separation
-My sickness surgery good luck charms that always does
the trick and is used for everyone I know and their loved ones through health
issues and surgeries. People at work know something is going on when I wear
this quite unstylish piece of work around my neck!!!
-My protein shakes (never thought this would make it to
the list)
-Restorative yoga classes (never thought this would make
it to the list either
-Watching fave TV shows (scandal defiantly on my list,
parenthood, Abbey)
-Having at least 2 days a week where not jumping out of
bed with an alarm (few and far between lately but necessary overall in life)
-Having at least a few planned times a year with my BFFs where
we get together and get our families together for special things. So so so
necessary for me and will be until my grave. or at least I will die trying!!!
-Quality time with my husband, kids, mom and friends. I
know I am sneaking in this relationship stuff but it is so so so scared and
necessary. How do people skip this stuff in their lives when they get to
busy??? Oxygen!!!
-Food and the looking forward to it. As my friend and I
had lunch yesterday-he had me try all different places at lunch every so often
as he and his spouse always go to these places and discover them and then he shows
them to me and we talk about how yummy
the food is constantly and then I end up taking my family to them. Best and
cheap places that /I crave and crave afterwards
-Flannel sheets-so good had to make it to the list twiceJ run run run to the store
and buys some!!!!!!
So so so much more (books! Clothes! Everything!!) but
have to get out of my bed and work!!!!