Thursday, January 01, 2015

New Year 2015!!!

It’s funny. New Year’s is actually one of my most important, fun and significant holidays. I think I like it the best. I have always felt it is an important holiday bringing in the New Year and have always been a bit supersticious around the way we bring it it defines our year to a large extent. Not what we do only-but how we feel that day. Out of all the holidays it is New Years I like preparing for most and planning for and having traditions around. I love Dec 31 and Jan 1.

such a nice dinner and gang. couldn't have asked for a nicer evening!


Girls!

This year was a wonderful one. Had a great time on Chase bday in day and then dropped him off and went to the Holidays house with the Sweerthearts It has been over 10 yrs. now for new year’s doing this and alternating parties between their homes for the 31st. th   This year was a lot more intimate with about 12 adults and about maybe 15 kids. Usually triple that amount which we enjoy less.
The boys!


The girls!

The BFF girlies
Was interesting too-I felt pretty special. A few of the people I know less there heard from our friends I co-authored a book that will be published and were super impressed..made me feel so good. They were asking all about the book and topic and  wanted to host a book signing and book discussion group for me when book comes out! Felt so odd..and I felt so proud.


Me , Miss Sweetheart and Miss Holiday:)

This was the perfect size party and a sit down dinner for adults for hours on end with sushi and yummy appetizers and desserts. When it was 11:55pm no one could believe that time had passed so quickly. The kids had a sushi buffet and all played in the basement all night. Ages 5-15yrs like always and they had a blast as usual despite all the age differences. At midnight adults and kids joined to countdown and hang out. We left the party at 1:30am.Was such a super night. I love this gang-and there was a couple we got to know better last night too and can see us becoming closer with them. Fun.

The most significant part of the night for me was that at one point I wanted to take a picture and had a glass of champagne in my hand. Hubby had a champagne glass of Perrier. I gave him my glass to hold without noticing I did so. I came back about 5 mins later and realized he was holding my champagne glass. For me this was a grateful moment to end 2014 with. A blissful 5 min of of oblivious and forgetting. A peep into the 2015 and our “new normal” If ever I write a book about this journey it will include this moment. Very significant to me (less to him!!)

A few things happened yesterday that I will remember. Because it was Dec 31.
 My mom wrote me a text that it has been two days that she felt almost normal health wise and feels like has been forever I have heard any good news from her around health. This won’t last  necessarily as totally all over the place and inconsistent but it is a sign in a better direction that she would have two good days. Also we received a beautiful picture in the mail of my eldest brother’s two girls (my nieces) and it made my heart feel happy. Also a special little gift from them for Beauty. It was signifant to me that this was received on Dec 31.
Also my husband and the way he was yesterday night. Some great parts and some less great parts. Things I realized I adore about him and other things that made me hurt a little too. It reminded me of where I need to put my energy this year in 2015.

Overall it was a wonderful new year and by far  my fave holiday of the year. It was authentic and real.
Stay tuned for my word of 2015 tomorrow!


first new year without our boy. survived and thrived!